This year's program consists of resurfacing parts of two major streets, State Street and Barton Drive, and repaving nine or more local streets, said Nick Hutchinson, interim manager of the city's project management unit.
Construction is scheduled to begin around April 15 and finish in October. A tentative time frame for construction is shown in the chart below.

City of Ann Arbor
Depot Street from Main to Carey was included as part of the original bid package, but it's not included now. Hutchinson said that has to do with storm sewer issues still being studied.
Other local streets, yet to be determined, will be substituted for Depot this year.
For all streets on the list, local access will be maintained throughout construction. On major streets, traffic lanes will be reduced to allow construction on half the street at any time.
For the project on State Street, traffic will be reduced to one lane in both directions and no detour will be used. And for the project on Barton Drive, westbound traffic will be maintained and eastbound traffic will be detoured.
This year's resurfacing program is reduced from last year when the city spent more than double the money to resurface more than three dozen streets. That was after the city had saved millions by securing state and federal grant funding for the East Stadium Boulevard bridges.
For more information, visit www.a2gov.org/RoadConstruction
Ryan J. Stanton covers government and politics for AnnArbor.com. Reach him at ryanstanton@annarbor.com or 734-623-2529. You also can follow him on Twitter or subscribe to AnnArbor.com's email newsletters.